Wanås history and contemporary agriculture practice come alive the exhibition Wanås History can be found in the "långlogen" from the 1700s. Wanås is one of Scåne's most intriguing castles. The first known owner was the squire Eskild Aagesen (around 1440). Wanås geographical location meant that it lay in a vulnerable position during the wars between Sweden and Denmark. The castle was burned down during the Nordic Seven Years' War. In 1566 the castle was was rebuilt, and the ruins of the old castle were incorporated into the building. Drawings from 1680 largely mirror what the castle looks today.
During the Snapphane wars Wanås was central to the Danish guerrillas, and in the Park there stands a 500-year-old oak tree where many were hanged. After the ravages of war, Baroness Lena Sofia von Putbus made extensive repairs. Her initials can be found on the castle's eastern side. The old stables were built by Betty Jennings during the years 1756-80. Since the early 1800s the Wachtmeister family has owned Wanås.